10:00 am - 6:00 pm
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
1977 E Wattles Road
Troy, MI 48085
Phone (248) 680-9955
(Click on Name to see
LARIONOV JR., IGOR
LARIONOV SR., IGOR
SKATEWORKS SERVICES AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE!!!
Wish to use our services and you do not live in the area? SkateWorks is here to help. You may send your skates to us for any of our services. Just box up your skates and/or blades and ship them to us. Please include a return postage sticker and a note as to what services you would like. SkateWorks will ship them back to you within two business days or sooner!
If you just need blades and/or holders? We have a large number of manufacturers holders in stock. We do stock Step Steel in a wide variety of manufacturers as well. We can ship them out same day as long as they are in stock.
If you would like to purchase new blades and have them profiled or just sharpened we will do that for you no problem. We will ship them in two business days or less.
Have questions about what you would like SkateWorks to help you with? Just send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 248 680-9955. We will be happy to help you!
Wishing you all the best life has to offer!
SKATE PROFILING EXCLUSIVELY USING THE ICON PROCESS!
An ICON profile and proper depth of hollow radius allows skates to work with the skater not against them. ICON recommends that all hockey skate blades should be profiled once a year. The skater will feel more control, better balance and improved speed. Skate sharpening is included in the process.
Profiling has three main benefits:
1. The skater's center of gravity is aligned with the boot
Skate holders are not placed on each boot uniformly. Consequently, the center of gravity of the skate is shifted based on the position of the blade as it sits in the holder. Having your center of gravity correctly balanced is a key ingredient for proper skating form. We make sure the center of gravity is aligned properly!
2. Blade heights are balanced
Balancing the heights of the blades insures that the skater is neutral to the ice. Not pitched on his/her heels. Being pitched on your heels forces the skater to add stress, fatigue to the body and limits the range of motion of the ankles. With balanced blades the skater is now more in control on the ice.
3. An appropriate radius is placed on the blade so as to maximize speed, agility and control
The ICON profiles are designed to maximize speed and agility based on weight. This gives the skater the optimal amount of blade on the ice with the proper radius. Improving control and speed.
The ICON Profiling process is the best available! Remember, Perfection Makes A Difference ™
The Icon Process
SKATE SHARPENING EXCLUSIVELY USING THE ICON PROCESS!
ICON has proven to be the advantage many professional players trust. Precision control, uncompromised speed and agility are the compliments paid by the pros. Now you can skate with the same advantages of the professionals.
ICON Skate Sharpening has four main steps:
- Skate inspection - We inspect the skate for any damage to the blade, loose rivets, loose blades, damaged holders, or anything else that may inhibit the skater from properly performing on their skates. We will make recommendations based on the situations we may find. Additionally, we tighten all skate blade screws.
- Stoning and cleaning of the blade
- Sharpening the skate - We will make sure that the blades are devoid of any significant nicks or rounded edges. This is a common occurrence that happens during the course of skating and can cause the skater to fall. We square the inside and outside edges so they are balanced to less than a thousandth of an inch in height. This is critical. If the edge heights are not balanced the skater will feel that the skate slides on one edge and digs on the other reducing confidence and control.
- Finishing the skate - The ICON finishing process leaves the skate blade extremely smooth yet sharp. The goal of this process is to reduce drag and increase speed.
The ICON skate sharpening process is the best available! You will find that you will get the same consistent sharpening time after time! Remember, Perfection Makes A Difference ™